Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Sailing Class

Teo, March 1, 2015

Yesterday, Javy and I went to a sailing class.  Javy didn't feel good, but he did it anyway.  Javy and I were kind of shy at first, because everyone knew what they were doing except for us.  There was a fun old man who was named Uncle Waldo and he tried to help us learn some of the parts of the boat.  Then we got into a speedboat that one of the teachers drove.  We sat on the side of the boat and waited our turn because there were only three sailboats and about nine students.  Finally, Javy and I each got on one of the sailboats all by ourselves and we got to sail around.   It was very fun.  We had to be careful of the sail or it could hit us in the head and it would hurt a lot.  The wind was perfect except one time it stopped and I had to just sit for a minute while I waited for the breeze to come back.  Javy and I and the other students got on the speedboat.  There were some young men who were in the water because their canoe had flipped over.  So we had to tow them back to shore in the speedboat.   When we got back to the dock we dropped them off and we saw our mom and dad.  Uncle Waldo asked if we enjoyed the lesson and we said .  We will probably be going back next week to the sailing class.




2 comments: